At University of Colorado, approximately 60 people will participate in a clinical trial with hopes that CBD will relieve some of the troubling symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease.
- The university is aiming for results by June 2019.
- CBD’s effect on motor symptoms will be the main focus of the study.
- The study will also look at tremors, another classic symptom of Parkinson’s.
- The National Institute on Drug Abuse will supply the CBD.
- Half of the participants will trace CBD, while the other 30 will take a placebo.
- The university’s School of Medicine will lead the study.
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment is a also sponsor.