American medical-cannabis company Columbia Care will become a publicly traded company based on a definitive transaction agreement with Canaccord Genuity Growth Corp. that is expected to be complete in Q1, 2019
Columbia Care has completed more than 750,000 patient interactions in the United States.
It is the first U.S. cannabis company authorized to operate in the European Union.
Its proprietary, dose metered, full-spectrum high-CBD and ultra-high-CBD tablets will be used in an observational study in treating pediatric and adult patients with intractable epilepsy.
The principal investigator for the Epidiolex trials, Orrin Devinsky, M.D. and professor of neurology, neurosurgery and psychiatry at NYU School of Medicine, will lead the study.
- Michael Abbott – Executive Chairman, Co-Founder of Columbia Care, formerly with Swiss Bank Corporation/SBC O’Connor and Goldman Sachs.
- Nicholas Vita – CEO and Co-Founder of Columbia Care, former Partner of Apelles Investment Management, and previously Vice President Investment Banking Division, Healthcare Department at Goldman Sachs.
- Igor Gimelshtein – Partner at Zola Global, an operationally focused family office deploying capital primarily in the legal cannabis industry globally, former Chief Financial Officer of MedReleaf, and previously a Vice President at Birch Hill Equity Partners.
- John Howard – Co-Managing Partner of Irving Place Capital and Co-CEO of Vestar Capital Partners.
- James A.C. Kennedy – Former CEO and President of T Rowe Price; Board Member and Chairman of the Compensation Committee for United Airlines.
- Jonathan P. May – Co-Founder of Floresta Partners, Founder and Managing Director of Catalytic Capital, LLC, previously Senior Vice President of Corporate Development for Triarc Companies, Inc. and CEO of Arby’s, Inc.
- David F. Solomon – Partner at Hildred Capital Partners, previously Senior Vice President, Corporate Development & Strategic Planning, Forest Laboratories.
About Columbia Care LLC